This vegetable rice bowl is the perfect meal when you are trying to achieve clear skin. Avocado is an amazing source of good fats and cabbage which has anti-aging and skin healing properties. I love mixing up my vegetable bowls so I always have variety, which avoids me getting sick of my lunch.
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/4 purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp hummus
1. Rinse rice well in a strainer and set aside. Bring a large saucepan of water to boil.
2. Add the rice, reduce the water to a simmer and cook until the rice is tender but still firm. Drain rice and set aside to cool.
3. Shred the red cabbage, julienne the carrot and chop cherry tomatoes in half. Pit the avocado and slice.
4. Assemble the bowl as creatively as you wish. Then top with hummus or a squeeze of lemon and olive oil.