- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup broccoli, diced
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup zucchini, grated
- Low fat cheese (optional for topping)
- Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C if fan forced oven. Lightly oil a muffin tray or lay out muffin patties on a baking tray ready to go in the oven.
2. Wash and prepare vegetables of your choice. I have chosen broccoli, tomato, carrot and zucchini.
3. Grate and dice vegetables and combine in a bowl so ingredients are mixed together well.
4. Carefully spoon an equal amount of the vegetable mixture into your muffin tray or patties.
5. In a bowl, combine the egg and egg whites together by hand with a whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour egg mixture into muffin tray or patties, carefully filling to the top.
7. Optional: sprinkle some low-fat cheese over the top of the muffins.
8. Bake muffins for 30 minutes, or until puffy, golden, and cooked through.
Have you tried this recipe? Let me know how you went below.