Acai berries are the amazing fruits of acai palm trees, predominantly found in Brazil’s Amazon rain forest. These small berries are packed full of nutrients and contain a whole host of antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids to help your skin glow! Acai berries are known as the “Beauty Berry” and do your body a world of good including increased energy levels, boosted immune system, improved metabolic function and better skin! One of the most popular ways to eat acai berries is in a acai bowl, topped with yummy sliced fruits – check out one of my favourite recipes below.
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 100g frozen acas berry pulp or 4 tbsp acai powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 small banana
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup strawberries
- 1/4 cup gluten free granola
- Drizzle of raw honey, optional
1. Add all main ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add extra almond milk as required if you need to perfect the consistency. Aim for a frozen-yoghurt consistency, slightly thicker than a smoothie.
2. Spoon the mixture into bowls and top with your preferred toppings and a drizzle of honey.
Love Olivia xx