I love rice paper rolls, especially during the warmer months as they are light, tasty and easy on the stomach. There are soo many variations you can try, however these ingredients are my favourites as they are all great for your skin!
- 60g rice noodles or rice vermicelli
- 8 rice paper sheets
- 8 cooked prawns, peeled
- 2 lettuce leaves, chopped
- 1/2 avocado sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp roasted peanuts
- Fresh mint, chopped
- Fresh coriander, chopped
1. Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan and add rice noodles. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes or until al dente, and drain. Rinse thoroughly so the noodles don’t stick together.
2. Fill a large, shallow bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper in the warm water for a few seconds to soften. The wrapper does not need to be immersed in the water for too long as it will become too soft and it will be more difficult to roll.
3. Lay the dipped wrapper on a clean surface and place 2 prawn halves, a small handful of noodles, mint coriander, sliced avocado, carrot and lettuce across the centre. Leaving around 5cm uncovered on each side.
4. Fold in uncovered sides and tightly roll. Repeat steps for remaining rolls.
You can even make your own dipping sauce using finely chopped garlic, soy sauce, peanuts and some fresh lime juice!