The favourite part of my day is receiving transformation photos from people who have had AMAZING results from following my clear skin guide! The Clear Skin Project has transformed the lives of people all across the world who have suffered from moderate to severe acne.
Check out this recent transformation that will blow your mind! WELL DONE to Niki who has followed the guide and achieved amazing results! I am SO proud of you, it takes a lot of effort and dedication to achieve these incredible results.
Niki suffered from moderate acne and inflammation. After following my guide she has completely cleared her skin and regained her confidence!
You too can achieve clear skin for life. Nourish your body from the inside out and follow the advice in my guide to clear your skin in 30 days or LESS!
This is the perfect scrub leading into summer, it will get rid of your dry skin and help to eliminate cellulite! Coconut and vanilla are a scent match made in heaven, your whole bathroom will smell amazing. I love giving this scrub as gifts, it is so personal and inexpensive plus you can package it in cute jars and personalise them depending on who you are giving it to.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (not essence)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. In a small pan, melt coconut oil over low heat until it is a liquid.
2. Let oil cool slightly and pour it over the brown sugar in a jar or glass container.
3. Add vanilla extract and cinnamon, mix well with a spoon.
4. Massage into clean, damp skin while in the shower.
5. Store remaining product in an air-tight container. Product will last for 1-2 weeks.
Psoriasis is an autoimmune, inflammatory skin disorder that affects nearly 3% of the world’s 7.1 billion population!
It affects both males and females of all ages, genders and ethnicities and to date there is no known cure. So how do you improve the appearance of Psoriasis naturally?
Eat More Alkaline Foods
The body is constantly overloaded with toxins and acid forming foods that slow digestion. A diet high in alkaline foods is invaluable to treating Psoriasis.
Start your day with a mixture of 1tbsp Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, ½ Lemon (juice), ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper and 1 tsp raw honey in a lukewarm glass of water. Be warned, this is a tad challenging to get down but the benefits reported are amazing!
Include more of these alkaline forming foods in your diet: carrots, broccoli, almonds, basil, beetroot, celery, cabbage, spinach, cucumber, celery, lettuce, garlic, kale, cinnamon, avocado, flax seeds and cacao.
Try A Gluten Free Diet
Although studies are inconclusive as to whether there is a link between gluten and Psoriasis, I personally believe that this skin disorder has a strong connection to gut health. In order to improve the gut, gluten and grains should be limited to reduce inflammation in the body.
Changes in diet can take up to 12 weeks to show improvement in your skin, so be patient. Following a gluten-free diet means eliminating foods made with wheat, barley and rye. That means no traditional white bread, pasta, cookies or beer – swap for brown or wild rice, quinoa and amaranth.
On the plus side, a gluten-free diet will encourage you to consume more fresh fruit and vegetables. Juices are a great way to incorporate your daily servings in one go!
Take Regular Detox Baths
Detoxifying baths using Epsom salts and apple cider vinegar (1 cup per bath) are an amazing way to detox the body and purify the skin. Be careful not to run the bath too hot, a warm bath is best – so as to not upset the skin.
Soak for at least 15 minutes – bring a good book with you if you find it hard to relax. Gently pat dry your skin once you get out of the bath and follow with a high quality Rose Hip Oil or Coconut Oil as a body moisturiser.
Use a High Quality Rose Hip Oil
Rose Hip Oil has been used since ancient times as a healing oil to help repair and regenerate skin cells. It contains an abundant array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are vital for skin health.
It’s crucial to keep Psoriasis well hydrated and natural fruit oils like Rose Hip are the perfect way to hydrate your skin naturally – and it even doubles up as a healing oil!
Always apply Rose Hip Oil to clean, damp skin morning and night to aid in absorption.
Choose the Right Supplements
There are so many vitamins available in today’s day and age, but which ones are the best for Psoriasis? Most studies point to Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Milk Thistle and Evening Primrose. Remember that you will need to stick to a new vitamin regime for 4-6 weeks before you notice any improvement. It’s quite normal to take a long time for changes in your body to surface so be patient.
Like a new vitamin regime, a new health regime will take time before you notice changes in your skin. I recommend starting with simple changes like increasing alkaline foods in your diet and reducing gluten. Once you are settled in this pattern, start adding some vitamins to the mix and use your rose hip oil consistently every day.
It may not happen instantly, but changes in your body WILL happen. You just need to have the right mindset and stick to a routine. Love your body and it will love you back, I promise.
These pumpkin waffles are the perfect Halloween and Fall recipe for all of you in the Northern Hemisphere at the moment! The best thing is they aren’t loaded with refined sugars and other naughty ingredients, you can eat these without feeling guilty.
2 1/2 cups coconut flour
1/3 cup raw honey
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsps ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 cups rice or almond milk
4 eggs, organic free range
1 can pumpkin puree
A few pecans for topping
1. Turn on waffle iron and allow time to heat up.
2. Combine coconut flour, eggs, pumpkin puree and honey until well combined.
3. Add cinnamon, salt, cloves and almond milk and mix until well combined.
4. Spray waffle iron with coconut oil non-stick cooking spray.
5. Carefully pour batter onto waffle iron using a 1/4 cup measuring cup.
6. Cook for approximately 1-2 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. Be careful not to overcook.
7. Remove waffle from iron carefully and top with honey or pure maple syrup and pecans.
It’s really important to clean your make-up brushes regularly. When you use the same brushes daily, you risk spreading oil and dirt to other areas of your face which can potentially cause your acne to worsen. Use this easy DIY cleaner at home to give your brushes a good clean. Do this in the morning before you leave for work or school, letting them dry during the day.
250mL hot water
2 tsp distilled white vinegar
1. Heat water and pour into a mug or heat proof container
2. Stir in the vinegar carefully. Allow to cool until hot to touch but not boiling.
3. Dip the brush in the solution and swirl gently against the bottom of the cup or container.
4. Rinse under hot running water.
5. Follow with a cold rinse.
6. Dry flat so the water doesn’t seep inside and break down the glue.
Concealer should be one holy grail product in every woman’s beauty bag – especially if you suffer from acne and breakouts. Used correctly, concealer can cover up blemishes, under eye circles and any other beauty imperfections.
It’s easy to be daunted by the idea of using concealer. Especially when there are so many shades and types to choose from. Once you learn the basics and how to apply, it’s the best beauty investment you will ever make.
Concealer is the perfect product to compliment your makeup regime as it means you don’t have to over-apply your base or foundation. You can be quite light on your base and then cover blemishes as you need to with concealer. This is really important because you don’t want to suffocate your skin with a heavy base or thick foundation – it can actually make your skin worse!
How to Apply Concealer
Before you apply concealer, ensure that you have cleansed, moisturised and applied eye cream. This will guarantee that your concealer looks smooth, natural and blends easily.
1. Apply several dots. Applying concealer is very similar to applying eye cream. You want to apply several dots of concealer under the eyes but this time you want to apply close to the lashes and inside corners of the eyes.
2. Tap in the product. Gently tap in the product using your ring fingers. Always tap, don’t rub. Gently blend out.
3. Apply concealer to blemishes. Go ahead and apply a dot of concealer to any blemishes or imperfections that require some extra coverage. It may be uneven patches or redness you are covering, not necessarily blemishes.
4. Apply a second layer. Apply a second layer, ONLY if you need more coverage.
5. Set with powder. Once you have finished your application steps, you will need to set the concealer with a high quality setting powder. You can either use translucent setting powder or some mineral makeup powder. The key is in the brush so make sure you are armed with a high quality powder brush. I like the VANI-T vegan brushes.
This is one of my favourite juices to drink in the morning! I love adding a bit of ginger to mine for an added kick. All of these ingredients promote healthy glowing skin, and don’t cause inflammation.
2 oranges, peeled
2 lemons, juiced
1. Combine all ingredients in a juicer.
TIP: Go ahead – add some Ginger if you like the taste! It adds a powerhouse of nutrients to your juice!
It is no secret that banana bread is deeelish! However most of the time it is filled with refined sugars and other ingredients that can inflame our skin and worsen blemishes and breakouts. This is my version of a “healthier” banana bread which also happens to be gluten-free, the perfect after school or office treat!
4 bananas, ripe
1 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup grated coconut
3 eggs, organic free range
2 tbsp raw honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chia seeds
Rice or almond milk to tweak consistency
1. Preheat oven to 180° or 356°F.
2. Peel bananas and place in a large mixing bowl. Gently mash the bananas up with a large mixing spoon.
3. Add flour, honey, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, eggs to the bowl. Combine with a mixing spoon or in a food processor until mixture is cake consistency. If the mixture is too thick, add rice or almond milk until desired cake consistency is reached.
4. Lightly oil the loaf tin and then coat the tin with desiccated coconut to prevent the cake from sticking.
5. Spoon the cake batter into the tin and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Once a skewer can be inserted into the centre and come out dry, it is ready.
6. Remove the cake from oven and allow to cool before turning it onto a tray or plate.
TIP: Feeling creative? Top with sliced banana or chopped walnuts and cinnamon before placing in the oven. Voila!