Acne can be caused due to poor diet and lifestyle, as well as hormones which are majorly affected by stress. Yoga has amazing health benefits for your body and can even help to clear your skin by releasing stress in the body.
These four poses help to increase blood circulation to the head and face area, which in turn can lead to clear, glowing skin. Don’t worry if you have never tried yoga before, these are fairly simple yet still offer the maximum benefit to your skin!
My Top 4 Yoga Poses to Clear Skin:
Standing Forward Bend (Uttanasana)
- Stand up tall with your hands by your side.
- Place your hands on your hips and inhale.
- As you exhale, soften your knees and fold down slowly from your hips.
- Place your hands onto your legs, ankles or the floor.
Corpse Pose (Savasana)
- Lie on your back with your feet spread slightly apart
- Inhale deeply and hold it while tensing your whole body
- After tensing your body for a few seconds, exhale and release as if to let go of your stress
Seated Forward Bend Pose (Paschimottanasana)
- Sit down with your legs stretched out in front of you
- Stretch your lower back and raise your arms above your head
- Slowly bend forward
- Place your hands on your lower legs, ankles or feet
Cross Legged Pose (Sukhasana)
- Sit on a yoga mat or cushioned surface
- Arrange your legs in a cross legged position
- Place your hands on your knees with your palms facing up and your index finger and thumbs gently touching
Try these poses at home for 5-10 minutes every morning as a perfect way to start your day!
Have you tried yoga before? Did you have good results? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!